Frequently asked questions
How do I book?
To book your service you can visit the "BOOK NOW" tab in our menu. This will take you to the automated booking calendar to secure your spot.
Bookings can only booked via this link no later than 24 hours prior to appointment, this allows us to be prepared for the service. Should you need a urgent booking please contact us directly via phone.
Should you be booking for a large wedding party or multiple makeup bookings, we recommend that you enquire directly for an obligation free quote prior to booking.
Bookings are secured once deposit has been made to secure your date/service.
We are happy to pencil in your name for 24 hours, however, should a confirmed booking be made after this timeframe this will override, unless other arrangements have been made.
For all services (excluding wedding parties/media photoshoots and/or videos), we require a 50% booking deposit of the service selected, with remaining balance to be paid at time of service.
Weddings & Larger Events - Require a $200 booking fee to secure your wedding or event.
Final payment is required 14 days prior to booked date. No services will commence until full payment has been received.
Booking fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
We accept payment via Paypal, Visa, Mastercard and direct deposit.
Cancellations / Changes
No cancellation changes are allowed within 48 hours of the appointment.
A non-refundable oooking fee of 50% is required when decuring your service with us.
You can re-schedule or cancel your appointment prior to 48 hours of booked appointment.
Any cancellation past this timeframe will result in your deposit being forfeited.
Any changes or location relocations - need to be informed as soon as possible as it may affect the original quote provided.
No shows or cancellations within 24 hours will be charged the full price.
All policies and answers to questions about terms and conditions can be found on our website in the FAQs tab.
What if I arrive late?
It is important that you arrive on time to your booked appointment. However, we do know that unfortunate events happen or situations arise that cause us to be late. If you know you will be running late please inform us as soon as possible.
Your booking is important to us, however, it may be affected as there will be other clients who have bookings made after yours and we will keep to our timelines. So adjustments to your booking will need to be made.
What areas do you service?
Our studio is based in Vincent. Majority of bookings are made to be serviced in the studio especially for all beauty services.
We also do mobile services for a minimum of 3 makeup bookings to your appointed location within the Townsville surrounds which will come at no extra cost.
Do you travel?
Yes I do, happy to travel the greater regions of Qld, and consider inter-state travel should your special day, photoshoot or project require it.
Please note travel fees are applied and quoted upon enquiry.
What services do you offer?
We offer a range of Makeup, Hair and Beauty services. for a detailed list and pricing please visit the services tab in the menu.
Do I need to book a trial?
Trials are not complusory but they are highly recommended. They give us an opportunity to discuss and go over the desired makeup and hair needs for the day. It also allows us to cover any special needs and requirments that may need to be arranged for or during the event. These give you peace of mind that we have you taken care of, knowing what you will receive and how you can prepare for the booking as well to achieve the best possible outcome.
Preparing for your booking ( Makeup Appointment)
Prior to booking -
Please feel free to follow your normal skincare routine, and drink plenty of water as this helps keep your skin hydrated and fresh for your makeup appointment. This will help us get the best result for your makeup appointment.
We even recommend if it does not irriate your skin, a deep exfoliation and hydrating mask will do wonders for your skin the day before your booking. If unsure please do patch tests or consult with your beauty therapist for advice.
Fake Tanning - Should be done 1-2 days prior to booking to ensure the tan has fully developed and we are able to match perfectly to your skintone.
Waxing & Tinting ( Eyebrows/Lips/Chin) - This should be done 2-3 days prior to makeup booking to ensure that your skin has been allowed to settle and heal down, to avoid any irritations.
Day of Booking:
If we did not already have a trial or set out makeup look, please ensure you have some makeup photos and ideas of what you would like to achieve during your appointment, this way during the consultation we can discuss and personalise this look/s to suit you best.
Try to avoid wearing any makeup before your appointment, as this takes up valuable time during your booking.
Try to ensure you have arrived on time to your booked appointment and allow for time for parking and getting settled in.
Please ensure you are prepared to pay the remaining balance at the time of your booking, we accept direct deposit and cash payments on the day.
At the end of your booking we will check over the entire look and ensure you are 100% happy with your service.
Preparing for your booking (Tanning)
Before your booking:
1.Shave & Exfoliate away all the dead skin cells. This helps the tan absorb into fresh and clean skin. This will also help the tan come out even and last longer as well.
Day of Booking
1. Shower no later than 4 hours of your booking. As this will interfer with the way the tan will adhere to the skin.
2. Avoid moisturizers and deoderant and even eye brow tinting, as this will interfer with the spay tan and can cause the tan to turn into a yucky orange or not so desireable green.
3. Avoid wearing makeup to your tanning session. If you are wearing any, remove it before the appointment.
4. Wear loose fitting and dark clothing to your session. Also remember to remove all jewellery. This is to avoid any rubbing and smudging of your tan.
1. Make sure to wash the tan off recommended timeframe without soap, this is to avoid the tan from completely washing off.
If you want it a little darker leave it on a little longer.
2. Remember to moisturise your skin daily to extend the life of the tan and avoid it from flaking to early.
Thats it! Enjoy your bronzy beautiful tan!
Preparing for your booking ( Lashes & Brows)
Before your Booking:
Day of Booking:
1. Avoid wearing any makeup, especially any eye, brows, mascara makeup or fake lashes. It is essential that it is very clean. Eye makeup can delay an eyelash appointment up to 30 minutes.
2. Arrive to your booked appointment 10-15 minutes prior to allow for parking, to get settled and fill in our consultation form.
3. We will consult with you about the best shape of eyelashes to apply for your personal facial and eye shape, and what you hope to achieve out of your appointment.
Brows - we will discuss types of tint Refectocil/e colour or Henna (natural option)
4. Lie down and relax during your appointment and let us do our thing.
1.Brow tint will last differently on each person. To try ensure the best longevity avoid any AHAs or BHA products around your eyes and brows, as this will exfoliate and peel away the top layers, which will fade the tint quicker.
2. If you had henna tint, the longer you leave it unwashed the darker the tint will appear, within days this will begin to look normal again, however, it will last much longer than a regular tint. During your appointment we will discuss what suits your needs best and customise as required.
1.You may wet your lashes as soon as your ready to have a shower after your appointment. The water from the shower will actually help the glue cure.
2.Brush your lashes gently daily and any time you see they are not sitting quite right, this will help maintain their shape. You will loose normally anywhere from 3-7 natural lashes daily so dont fret, its perfectly normal.
3.To maintain your lash health, it's very important to wash your lashes with a lash shampoo and gentle brush. This will exfoliate any dead skin or and remove any excess oils sitting on your lash line, which is helping your eyelash extentions fall out quicker. This will also encourage your natural lashes to grow stronger and longer.
4. Avoid any oil based skincare, especially around the eyes
5. It is recommended not to wear mascara, however, should you decide you need to. Wear a mascara and eye makeup that is easily removed with water. Ensure this is washed off well with lash shampoo before sleeping.
6. Remember to avoid rubbing and picking at the lashes as this will not be good for your extensions or natural lashes. Also that if you prefer to sleep on a specific side you may notice that you may have more lashes fall out from one side than the other.
7. Should you be experiencing any discomfort please see your medical practitioner as soon as possible. Also if needed we offer lash removal service if required.
How soon do I book my appointment?
As soon as you know your date, especially during busy seasons (April - September) & (November-December), to avoid disappointment, as these dates can fill up fast. We only require a 50% deposit to secure your spot.
Should you have any questions please feel free to reach out.
Preparing for you Hair Appointment
Hair must be washed & blow dried the day before the booked event.
Avoid putting any products or using any hot irons or curlers on the hair, I will provide and use the suitable products needed on the day.
Please let me know if you have any special needs or allergies to any specific products.
Photographs & Videos
Photographs and videos may be taken for reference or use for website, portfolio or marketing materials. Should you wish for me not to use them please inform me if you would like me not to do so.